Sweet potato, Carrot and Lentil Coconut Soup
Thai and Indian influenced sweet potato, carrot and lentil coconut soup! It tastes creamy, sweet, warm and comforting. Together with a few slices of bread, it is a perfect light meal on a cold winter day!
What you'll need:
2 sweet potatoes (around 400 g)
3 carrots (around 250 g)
1 cup of yellow lentil
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp grated ginger
1 tbsp grated garlic
2 cups of coconut milk
3 cups of vegetable stock
1 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
How it's made:
1. Cut potatoes and carrot into 1 cm cubes, and set aside. Soak the lentils in the water for about 5-10 mins. Then drain the lentils.
2. Heat the coconut oil in a medium heat pot. Add onions and sauté until soft and fragrant. Then add sweet potatoes, carrots, garlic and ginger. Cook for further 2 mins. Stir the mixture constantly to prevent it from burning.
3. Add lentil, coconut milk, vegetable stock, salt and pepper. Stir again and then cover the pot. Let the soup simmer for 20-30 mins until the vegetables and lentils are soft.
4. Use a hand mixer to puree the soup. If the soup is too thick, add more water to adjust. Season again with salt and pepper according to your taste.
5. Garnish the soup with some herbal leaves and serve with a few slices of bread.