Gluten-free Chocolate-covered Almond Marzipan
What you'll need:
- 75 g almond meal or almond
- 200 g vegan marzipan
- 1 orange
- 200 g 70% dark chocolate
- 10 pistachios
How it's made:
1. If use the whole almonds, use a food processor to grind them into fine almond meal. In a medium mixing bowl, grate the marzipan. Then add the almond meal and 1 tbsp grated orange peel. Use hands to mix the three ingredients together until well combined. Roll it into a flat square around 1 cm thick. Wrap in cling film and keep in the fridge for one hour.
2. Take the almond marzipan dough out of the fridge, use cookie cutters to cut the dough into different shapes. The leftovers can be reshaped and rolled out into square again.
3. Melt the dark chocolate in a heat-proof mixing bowl over boiling water until the chocolate is melted.
4. Carefully, dip the almond marzipan shapes half into the dark chocolate. Give it a little of shake to get rid of the excess, then put it over baking paper or cooling rack to dry. Repeat the process until all the shapes are done. Top the chocolate shapes with some more finely chopped pistachios. Leave it to dry before eating.