Chinese Noodle Soup with Pak Choi with Shiitake Mushroom
What you'll need:
- 5 to 8 shiitake mushrooms, cleaned, stems removed and thinly cut
- 5 Pak choy, washed and cut vertically in half
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 garlic, grated
- 1 thumb-sized ginger, peeled and grated
- Sea salt
- black and white sesame seeds
- 150 g Chinese noodles, cooked with instructions
- 500 ml of vegetable stock
How it's made:
- In a saucepan, cook the Chinese noodles according to package instructions, drain and set aside. I normally use the white Chinese flat noodle, which takes about 1-2 mins to cook.
- Use the same saucepan to bring the vegetable stock boil and set aside.
- In a wok over medium-high heat, heat vegetable oil and add the garlic and ginger, cooking until fragrant, roughly about 1-2 mins.
- Add the shiitake mushrooms and cook until soft.
- Then, add the Pak Choi and cook until soft, but still crunchy.
- Add rice vinegar and a sprinkle of salt and continuously to stir for another 1-2 mins. Adjust the seasoning, if needed.
- Prepare two serving bowls, first add the noodles, then the vegetable stock. Finally topped the bowl with Pak Choi and Shiitake mushrooms.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds and serve hot.