Fort Lauderdale, Florida, U.S.A.
Accommodation: the Atlantic Hotel and Spa
- Oceans 234: great location as it is right beside the beach. Great seafood, salad and many vegetarian(vegan) and gluten-free options. (see images below)
- Louie Bossi's - best pizza in town, but have many other great dishes too. Make reservation as the wait can be long. (see images below)
- The Alchemist - Great little cafe, where you can sit in the garden. Iced coffee and iced tea are among the popular drinks. (see images below)
- Coconuts: best seafood in town. Long wait, but well worth it.
- Sawgrass Recreation Park - ask for "Gator Tim" to be the guide (if he is available). He is the most knowledgable guide in the park. (see images below)
- Sunset Catamaran Cruise (see images below)
- Water Taxi to cruise around the city
Finally we are in Florida, in Fort Lauderdale, to be exact! We have heard so much about this place when we were in Europe and it is so nice to visit this place in person. Fort Lauderdale not only has most stunning beaches, but also amazing food scenes here. No wonder all the riches and famous chose this place for their vacation homes. During our visit, we stayed at the Atlantic Hotel and Spa, which is located right at the beach ( cross the street, that's it). If you see the first image below, the hotel is the yellow building with the swimming pool. As you can see from the images. the beach has most beautiful shades of blues and the water is super warm. Staying there was like soaking in a warm bath. The hotel has its own pool with an ocean view. We stayed at the suite on the 14th floor, which has its own balcony with ocean view, kitchen and even washing machine (great for washing the swimming suites and clothes with tons of sands). The staff were all really friendly and helpful, which made our stay really comfortable.
Sawgrass Recreation Park