Homemade Gingerbread Granola
Christmas is near (one week left) and it is now the perfect time to make homemade products for family and friends as Christmas presents. I love making granola, because it is simple, quick, and yet delicious and healthy. This year, I am really into the anything to do with the gingerbread. I googled up some gingerbread granola recipes as reference and finally created one that fit our taste best. So here it is my version and hope you will like it too!
What you'll need:
3 cups of rolled oats
1/2 cup of pecan nuts
1/2 cup of almonds
1 tablespoon of pistachio nuts, shell removed
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of all spices
1 teaspoon of ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon of ground clove
Pinch of salt
3 tablespoon of coconut oil
3 tablespoon of maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
How it's made:
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, mix all the wet ingredients together. Finally, pour wet mixture into the dry one and mix well.
3. Spread the mixture evenly onto a a large baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, stirring after 10 mins to ensure even cooking.
4. Once the granola is browned, remove from the oven and let cool completely before storing.
5. Keep in a container that has an air-tight seal and it should keep for a few weeks.