Baked Potatoes with Kale, Mushrooms and Eggs
What you'll need:
2 large potatoes, peeled, and cut into ½-inch dice
½ large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic
400 g king oyster mushrooms or crimini mushrooms
1 large bunch kale, washed and chopped
Olive oil for cooking
A handful of fresh basil leaves, chopped
A handful of fresh parley, chopped
1/2 teaspoon of chili flakes
1/4 teaspoon of smoked paprika
1/4 teaspoon of cumin powder
Salt and pepper to taste
8 large eggs
How it's made:
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚c.
2.Bring a medium pot of water with about a teaspoon of salt to a boil.
3. Add the potatoes and cook until just before completely done, about 10 minutes. Drain water.
4. Heat about 2 tablespoons olive oil in an oven-proof frying pan. Add onions and garlic and cook over medium heat until soft.
5. Add cooked potatoes, turn up heat and cook until potatoes are crisped and brown.
6. Add mushrooms, kale, smoked paprika, cumin, basil leaves, and more oil if needed. Stir-fry until cooked through, about another 10 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
7. Break the eggs over the mixture and put the pan into the oven for about 10 mins or until the eggs are set. Take the pan out of the oven.
8. Sprinkle with more pepper, smoked paprika, chili flakes and chopped fresh parsley and serve together with some sourdough bread.