Today, I would like to share with you this delicious gluten-free dark chocolate coconut macaroons. They took me about 10 mins to prepare, 10 mins to bake and 1 min to eat. Absolutely delicious!!! Did I mention that they are also refined sugar-free? It is perfect serve them as part of an afternoon tea, or an after dinner dessert!
What you'll need:
1 egg white
2 tbsp honey
1/4 tbsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
1 tsp lemon zest
55 g of dark chocolate with 70% cocoa
sprinkle of salt
How it's made:
1. Crack the egg and put egg white in a big mixing bowl. Whisk the egg white until it is white and frothy.
2. Add honey, vanilla extract. Give another whisk until well combined.
3. Add shredded coconut, lemon zest and sprinkle of salt. Then use a tablespoon to mix all ingredients well together.
4. Use a ice cream scoop to scoop out a ball from the mixture and place it on the lined baking sheet.
5. Once all mixture is used, place the baking sheet in a 190 Celsius degree heated oven and bake for about 10 mins until the macaroons are slightly brown.
6. At the same time, heat the dark chocolate in a pot in low heat until it is complete melt. Take the pot off the heat and set aside.
7. When the macaroons are done, take the baking sheet out and let it cool.
8. When the melt chocolate in hand-warm, then use a teaspoon to drizzle it over the macaroons. And then put them into the fridge for another 10 mins to cool.
9. Serve and enjoy!
(Original recipe is from: Clean Slate)