Gluten-free Chestnut Flour Crepes with Garlic Sautéed Chanterelle
It is the time of mushrooms!!! There are so many different types available at moment at the farmers' market and I am loving it. It is also fun to find new ways of cooking mushrooms. Below is a recipe inspired by one of my typical weekend breakfasts - crepes. This, however, is a new kind of crepe, which is made with gluten-free chestnut flour. Chestnut flour has a natural sweet and earthy flavor, which I found goes particularly well with the chanterelle mushrooms. Enjoy and stay cosy at home!
Gluten-free Chestnut Flour Crepes
What you'll need:
- 125 g (1 cup) of chestnut flour
- 220 ml (1 cup) of almond milk, oat milk, or milk of choice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 sea salt
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
How it's made:
- Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl, add, salt, egg and 100 ml of milk. Mixing well. Then gradually add the remaining milk. Finally, stir in chopped parsley.
- Heat a 25cm non-stick frying pan and lightly oil the base. Measure about 75 ml batter to make one crepe. Pour the batter into the hot pan, swirl it around to create a flat surface. Fry over medium-high heat for about 30 seconds, on each side, or until golden. Keep the pancakes warm in a slow oven (100 to 120 ℃). Now to make the chanterelle.
Garlic Sautéed Chanterelle
- 200 g Chanterelle mushroom, brushed clean, and chopped into small pieces.
- 3 cloves of garlic, grated
- 1 tbsp of finely chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp olive oil for frying
How it's made:
Heat the same frying pan over medium eat (use a kitchen paper towel to wipe the pan clean), and add 2 tbsp of olive oil. When the pan is hot, add grated garlic, stir constantly until fragrant.
Then add the chanterelle mushrooms, and continue to stir from time to time. Add another 1 tbsp of olive oil if necessary. When the mushroom is soft (around 8-10 mins), add salt and pepper to taste.
Finally, transfer the mushroom to a serving dish and sprinkle the chopped parsley over. Take the warm chestnut flour crepes out from the oven, and serve immediately with the chanterelle mushrooms.