Ginger and Lemongrass Noodle Soup
What you'll need:
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 200 g Asian noodles
- 1 lemongrass
- 4 slices of ginger (about 2 cm long and 1 cm wide)
- 2 eggs (optional)
- 4 medium sized oyster mushrooms
- 1-2 baby Pak Choy, washed and cut into half vertically
- 1 spring onion, chopped into ca.1 cm pieces
- 1 medium sized carrot, peeled and cut into thin stripes
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- salt, to taste
How it's made:
Cook vegetable stock with lemongrass and ginger slices for 10 mins.
At the meantime, boil eggs to your liking in a separate pot.
Then add oyster mushrooms, baby Pak Choy and cook further for 4-5 mins, then add the noodles. When the noodles and veggies are cooked through, divide them into serving bowls. Peel the eggs and cut in half. Top the serving bowls with top eggs, chopped spring onions, carrots, and sesame seeds.
And finally a drizzle of sesame oil and sprinkle black sesame seeds. Season with more salt, in necessary. If you want a vegan version, just leave the eggs out.