The Christmas Chocolate Pudding with Nut Butter Filling - Gluten Free
What you'll need:
- 40 g coconut oil (cold)
- 50 g dark chocolate (>70% cocoa)
- 50 g coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 30 g gluten-free flour
- 1 tbsp peanut butter or any nut butter of choice
How it's made:
- Switch on the oven to 220 °C.
- Melt the coconut oil and the dark chocolate in a medium-sized mixing bowl over a pot of simmering water. Once melted, take it off the bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to whisk the eggs, coconut sugar and vanilla extract until well combined. Then add half of the mixture to the melted coconut oil & chocolate. Fold in the gluten-free flour until a smooth batter is formed. And then add in the rest of the egg & sugar mixture.
- Grease two baking ramekins with coconut oil. Fill 1/2 of each ramekins (I used the Staub mini cocotte, because they are so cute and pretty!) with the chocolate batter. Then top 1/2 tbsp peanut butter over each. Finally, fill each ramekin 3/4 full with the rest of the batter.
- Bake the chocolate pudding for 10-12 mins. (I like the pudding a bit raw in the middle, as the soft chocolate batter mixed with peanut butter tastes so delicious. ) Take the ramekins out and let it cool for a few mins before serving.
- The chocolate mixture can be prepared hours before. Just leave the ramekins in the fridge until ready to bake and add extra 2-3 mins to the baking time.