Berry Tart with Lemon Cashew Cream and Almond Crust
I can't tell you how much I love raw vegan cakes and tarts at moment. They are super easy to make, healthy, delicious and cold ( especially perfect for the few hot summer days). The only downside of it, well, is that sometimes you have to wait for a long time for them to get ready because many of these cakes require at least four hours to be in the freezer in order to set. But not the one I am going to recommend to you now. This berry tart with lemon cashew cream and almond crust can be serve immediately once it is ready. How about that?!
Serves: makes 2 small tarts, double the recipe if making a large tart.
What you'll need:
- 1 cup almonds
- 4-5 medjool dates, pitted
- ½ cup cashews
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp of agave syrup
- fresh berries (raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, or blueberries)
- a few fresh basil leaves
How it's made:
- Place almonds and 4 dates in blender or food processor. Pulse to a fine crumb.
- Check the texture to see if it holds together like a crust when pressed. Pulse in another date if needed.
- Divide the dough between 2 small tart pans. Firmly press into the pan to create a crust.
- Wrap with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator if not using immediately.
- Place cashews, almond milk, lemon juice and zest, salt, and agave syrup in food processor. Blend until the mixture is creamy and smooth.
- Take the crust out of the refrigerator and pour the cashew cream over. Spread the cream evenly.
- Top with berries and garnish with fresh basil and serve. This tart can also be stored in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving.