I am super excited to announce the start of my food contribution at The Chalkboard Magazine, which is one of the best food, wellness and lifestyle online magazines out there. It is such an honor to be part of it. Here is the first recipe I shared: Sweet Potato and Red Beet Chips.
We all heard about the superpower of beet and sweet potatoes and know how much benefits we would get by eating them. But how do you get your kids to eat them? Well, easy, make them into crispy chips! We all know how much the kids like eating chips and why not giving them these healthy ones. And the more they eat, the better!
(Serve 1-2 person)
What you'll need:
- 2 large beets, peeled
- 1 medium-sized sweet potato, thoroughly scrubbled.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Maldon salt or sea salt, to taste
- 1 sprig of rosemary, roughly chopped
How it’s made:
- Preheat oven to 400°F or 200°C and line two baking sheets with baking paper.
- Use knife or mandolin to cut beets and sweet potatoes into thin slices.
- Place slices in a large mixing bowl, then add olive oil and rosemary. Toss with hands until all slices are well coated.
- Evenly spread slices on the baking sheets and season with maldon salt. Make sure they are not stacked on top of each other.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping the chips halfway through. Remove when beets lighten in color. Take them out and let them rest for about 10-15 mins. They will crisp up once cooled.
- Serve immediately.