What you'll need:
- 70 g gluten-free flour
- 50 g rice flour
- (Alternatively, you can use 120 g plain flour instead of the gluten-free and rice flour)
- 3 medium or large organic eggs, yolk and white separated
- 145 ml low-fat milk or almond milk
- 1/2 vanilla essence
- 1 heaped tsp gluten-free baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- Coconut oil (or good quality butter) for frying
How it's made:
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, add gluten-free flour, rice flour, egg yolks, vanilla essence, baking powder and milk together. Mix with a hand mixer until a smooth batter is formed.
- Whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the batter until well combined.
- Switch on the oven to 50 °C.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over the medium heat. When the pan is hot, add 1 tbsp of coconut oil. When the oil is melted, add 2 tbsp of batter into the pan (for one pancake). When the bottom is firm and golden, flip the pancake over. Place the pancake in the oven to keep it warm while the rest is made. Continue until the other side is also golden. Repeat until all the batter is used up. Serve warm with toppings of choice.