What you'll need:
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 tbsp cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 1 tsp sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp ground almond
- 3 tbsp ice water
- 3 tbsp jam of choice
How it's made:
- To make the dough, put all ingredients into Vitamix, pulse the flour, salt, and sugar together until combined, about 4-5 pulses. Add the butter and blend until the mixture looks like coarse meal, about 8-10 pulses. it is important to pulse, otherwise the machine will get heated, the butter will melt and the dough will get too wet.
- Add 3 tbsp of ice water and pulse again 2 to 3 times. If the dough is too wet, add more flour, 1 tbsp a time. If the dough is too dry, add ice water, 1 tsp a time, pulse twice in between. In the end, the dough should hold together when squeezed with your hands but not be sticky.
- Take the dough out to a lightly floured work surface, shape it into a disk. Wrap it in cling film and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Take the dough out of the fridge and leave it for 15 mins, and then roll it out on a lightly floured baking paper for about 5 mm thick. Use a cookie cutter to cut out the shapes.
- Place 1/2 tsp favorite jam on top, place a stick at the bottom and then put the another same-shaped cut out dough on top to close. Place all the pie pops on a baking sheet, brush some egg white, place them in the oven, and bake about 20-30 mins or until the pie pops turns dark brown. Then wait patiently and enjoy!