In addition to stick our heads in the fridge, eating tons of watermelon is the other thing that we do to cool down on these hot summer days. We cut them in slices, spoon the flesh out, make smoothie, put on the grill, and so on. There are just so many ways to enjoy this magical fruit. And now, we just made this super easy and delicious watermelon granita. We love the feeling when those little icy flakes melt away on our tongues. Pure bliss!
What you'll need:
- 5 cups of seedless watermelon chunks
- 1/2 cups of sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- Pinch of salt
- 2-3 mint leaves
How it's made:
- Put all ingredients in the blender and mix until smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into a shallow baking tray and freeze for about one hour.
- After one hour, rake any frozen parts with a fork. Cover and freeze mixture again until firm, and then rake it again. Repeat this step for the next two hours. Finally, scrape granita vigorously to form icy flakes. To serve, divide granita among glasses or bowl and top with thinly sliced mint leaves.