Vegan Avocado Mango Pizza with Del Monte Fresh
Yay, pizza night! Around our house, we eat pizza on a pretty regular basis. The kids love it and we (the parents) love it. So why not!!!
Sure you can order pizza to be delivered, but I like to make it with my own toppings and add them as much as I like! Partnering with Del Monte Fresh, I have created this vegan avocado mango pizza to celebrate the love for fresh produce. Avocado and mango are probably two of my favorite fruits and I just love the combination of them together. This recipe is inspired by one of my favorite dishes - guacamole with avocado and mango. I just love the combination of creamy, savory, and sweet flavors of this pizza.
To make it dairy-free, I have used a vegan cheese instead of the traditional mozzarella cheese. It worked really well. But by all means, you can also use the mozzarella cheese in this recipe.
I hope you will enjoy this pizza! If you make it, be sure to snap a picture and send it to me via DM on Instagram or email me. Do it! I love seeing what you lovelies cook up. Cheers!
Below is the link to the YouTube video.
What you'll need:
- 1 tsp dry yeast
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp sliced onions
- 3/4 cup lukewarm water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 Del Monte Fresh mango, diced
- 1/2 Del Monte Fresh avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup vegan cheese or regular Mozzarella cheese (for non-vegans), grated
- Small handful of cilantros
- Salt and pepper to taste
How it's made:
- Put sugar, dry yeast and lukewarm water in the bowl and mix. Leave it for 5 mins to until the foams start to form on the top of the mixture.
- Put salt, bread flour to another bowl and mix.
- Add the yeast mixture into the flour mixture, and add olive oil. Knead the dough firmly with hands.
- Once the dough is formed and soft, form it into a round shape and place in a big oiled mixing bowl, cover with cling film and let it ferment for one hour in a warm place.
- Once the dough is ready, place it on a lined baking sheet or pizza baking tray if you have one. Stretch it out with your fingers into a round or rectangular shape.
- Use a spoon to spread the pizza sauce on the dough, then add sliced onions, mango and avocado cubes. Finally, cover the pizza with cheese.
- Baked in an oven preheated to 500 degrees for 10-15 mins until the cheese is melted and turned slightly brown. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immedialtely.