What's your favorite summer salad? This arugula salad with nectarines, tomatoes, avocado and toasted almonds is my current favorite. It uses in-season produce, such as nectarine and tomato, which are super juicy and sweet at moment. The salad is fresh, light, yet satisfying. It is a perfect lunch or dinner for the hot summer days like these.
What you'll need:
- 3 oz baby arugula
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large tomatoes, sliced
- Flake sea salt, to taste (I love sea salt flakes from Jacobsen Salt Co.)
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 large firm but ripe nectarines, cut into wedges
- 1 avocado, cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp toasted almond flakes
How it's made:
Add baby arugula, tomatoes, avocado into the mixing bowl. Add balsamic vinegar, extra-virgin olive oil, pepper and sea salt. Toss everything together till well combined. Sprinkle the toasted almond flakes over and serve.