Gluten-free Banana Waffle with Del Monte Fresh
In our house, we almost never run out of fruits, esp. bananas. Banana to me is like a all-purpose fruit. You can eat it raw, mesh it, cook it, add it to smoothie, as toppings on toasts and waffles, bake it in the bread... The choices are just endless. Partnering with Del Monte Fresh, I am sharing one of our favorite Sunday breakfast, gluten-free waffles made with bananas. Not only the bananas used a natural sweetener in this recipe, but also it gives the waffles an extra flavor and texture and help to keep its inside moist.
Then after the waffles are done, we love adding our favorite toppings, which include more fresh fruits (mainly berries), maple syrup and whipped coconut cream. Sometimes, also toasted nuts, if I managed to get them ready before the kids finish off the waffles.
Hope to see your creation soon! Happy Sunday!
What you'll need:
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (or all-purpose gluten-free flour)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 cup almond milk or milk of choice
- 2 ripe Del Monte Fresh bananas, meshed
- 1 cup Del Monte Fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1/2 cup Del Monte Fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup whipped coconut cream
How it's made:
- Preheat waffle iron. In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Stir in almond milk, egg and meshed bananas until mixture is smooth.
- Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour two tablespoons of the waffle batter onto the hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown.
- Serve hot with strawberry, blueberry, maple syrup and whipped coconut cream.