Stir-fried Mixed Veggies with Ginger and Garlic
A stir-fry dish that your body will love! If you haven’t decided yet what for dinner today… how about some stir-fried mixed veggies with ginger, garlic, and spring onions, served with rice, pickled ginger and edamame beans with sesame oil and chili. The whole meal is super light but packed with flavors. Share this with someone who you will have dinner with to see if they want to join you.
What you’ll need:
- 1 small piece of ginger (thumb size), peeled and grated
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 small chili pepper, finely chopped (optional)
- 3-4 baby pak choy, cut in half lengthwise
- 5-6 green beans, cut into three pieces lengthwise
- half leak, cut into rings
- half yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 4-5 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 piece of firm tofu, cut into cubes
- A small handful of bean sprout
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cup of cooked Thai fragrant ric
How it’s made:
1. Dry the tofu cubes with a kitchen towel. Heat a wok over medium-high heat, and add 1 tbsp vegetable oil. When the oil is hot, fry the tofu on all sides until brown and place them on a clean kitchen towel to drain the oil. Set them aside.
2. Clean the wok, and then heat it again over medium-high heat and add 2 tbsp vegetable oil. When the oil is hot, sauté grated ginger, garlic, and spring onion, stir frequently to avoid them getting burnt. Then add shiitake mushroom, pak choy, green beans, leek, and bell pepper, stir-fry until the vegetables begin to soften, then add tofu cubes and stir again. When the vegetables are cooked, add soy sauce, sesame oil, and rice vinegar. Stir again for another minute, then turn off the heat.
3. On two serving plates, place each cup of rice on the plates, then divide the fried vegetables on top. garnish with bean sprout and sesame seeds. Serve with pickled ginger and edamame beans with sesame oil and chili.